About this Blog
What is a Blog
For those new to the blogging world – A blog is a type of web site, where articles (or “posts” or “entries”) are listed in reverse-chronological order (the most recent articles at the top). Blogs are usually published by individuals as a kind of diary, journal, magazine, or independent journalism. Check this video for a short introduction to blogs.
The Purpose of this Blog
At Fresh Choice Kitchens, we are dedicated to building community around food and blogging gives us an opportunity to create an expanded online community. On this site you can interact with us and others who run or who are interested in the community kitchen movement.
We will still be using and updating our website but this blog will bring a more personal perspective from us, our guest bloggers and YOU!
We encourage you to comment on this blog. We welcome:
- questions and comments regarding community kitchens
- information about BC events, training & workshops relating to community kitchens, food, nutrition & community gardens
- comments to any of our postings
How to Navigate this Blog
This blog is organized into 2 columns. Going from left to right:
1st column - This column contains the blog postings.
On the top right you will see how the posting has been tagged (e.g. subject keywords) and on the bottom right you’ll see where the posting has been filed (e.g. which topic category it is filed under). You can see related postings by clicking on either the tag or on the topic category.
When you read a posting – you’ll notice that underneath the title you can “Leave a Comment”. If you click on this link you’ll see a box where you can enter your comment and your email. You won’t see your comment right away on this blog as we moderate the comments made.
2rd column – contains:
- Topics Posted – A topical index of the postings
- Archives – A listing of our postings by month
- Search box - You can search for postings by keyword
- From our website – These links go to the popular sections of our website
- Administration – This section is for Fresh Choice Kitchens staff or for more savvy blog users. If you are familiar with rss feeds then you can click on “RSS Posts” to be updated of new posts or RSS Comments to be updated of new comments. The login option is for Fresh Choice Kitchens staff only.
Our Blog Policy
All viewpoints are welcome, but please be constructive. We reserve the right to make editorial decisions regarding submitted comments, including but not limited to removal of comments. The comments are moderated, so you may have to be a tiny bit patient in waiting to see them. We will review and post them as promptly as possible during our regular business days (Tuesday through Thursday).
The focus of our organization is supporting and promoting cooking and nutritional skill building programs in British Columbia, Canada . While we do welcome questions and comments from around the globe, please understand that we may be limited in what we can provide if you are not in BC. We will try to refer you to other sources of information whenever possible.